kstartupconfig4 error

I did an i386 upgrade from F11 -> F12 on two different systems using the install DVD. They both use gnome and kde desktops. After the upgrade, I try to log in using kde and I get the error: "kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails. The error code is 127. Check your installation". After some searching, I found this same error was present in F10->F11 upgrade. It seems during the upgrade, libssl.so.8 and libcrypto.so.8 links are removed and kstartupconfig4 can no longer start. In /usr/lib I did "ln -s libssl.so libssl.so.8" and "ln -s libcrypto.so libcrypto.so.8". This then allowed kstartupconfig4 to run and kde worked again. I did not see any mention of this problem on the rawhide list during beta & RC testing, so I guess nobody did this type of upgrade. Hope this helps someone.

Jim