Re: Fedora 12 updates-testing report

> > > Hmmm, I tried this build and it doesn't work for me.
> > >
> > > It seems to want to, but I just see lines down the screen and a large
> > > square enmeshed in the screen where the cursor should be.
> > >
> > > Yes, I know I shouldn't be using radeonhd and that radeon is the 'one
> > > true driver' but radeonhd has had some interesting power management
> > > added to it and as a laptop user I'm keen to see if they extend my
> > > (slowly) improving battery life and I'm also aware the pm in radeon
> > > isn't great (or might be missing all together).
> > >
> > > So, this shouldn't be rolled out as far as I'm concerned, but how do I
> > > say so?
> >
> > Leave feedback at http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
>
> I saw you commented in the right place -
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F12/FEDORA-2009-11518
>
> but you should probably specify whether this is a regression, i.e.,
> whether you have the same issue with the radeonhd in the f12 release
> repos. If you do, then that wouldn't really be a reason not to push the
> update.

I don't know whether it's a regression or not since I haven't used the
radeonhd drivers for some time since someone told me that fedora is
behind the radeon driver and to use this.

I was just trying it as I was hoping the pm issues might be better.

How long before radeon and radeonhd get merged?  It seems ridiculous
that we have parallel development of the very similar drivers.

R.