Re: Does firefox upgrades need some pre/post install love to close and restart firefox during upgrades

On 15/11/09 12:24 PM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
I also have troubles with this. The worst thing is that firefox often after such update dies, without saving the tabs etc. as it does when it is killed. And because it dies after update anyway, I would just suggest to put a "killall firefox" in PREIN script. Because this will trigger the firefox saving mechanism and would not cause a data loss.

Particularly a good idea for times when the user is working with a session on his bank account / fulfilling payments / on his retirement fund account, etc. For the record, I see that you argue that Firefox will die or perhaps do something stupid during/after update. Nevertheless, deliberate killing may or may not be worse but puts the blame on Fedora... Neither situation is a happy one but I'm not sure if this is better.

--
thufor