Re: As of F12 RC3 my printer model is still not shown

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Scott Robbins wrote:

Have you installed foomatic?  I would do yum install foomatic, if you
haven't already, and see if it's listed there.

foomatic seems not to be installed.  I just assumed it would be installed
automatically, seems like it always has been. I will install it and report back.

Also, I'm not quite clear from your description how you did this.  If
you used the Gnome interface and it was searching for printers, and the
printer wasn't connected, it makes sense that it wasn't located.

I used System->Administration->Printing, then clicked on New,
selected Network Printer and LPD/LPR Host or Printer under that,
put the IP address of the printer in the Host box and clicked Forward.
That gave me a list of printer makers and I selected Brother and
clicked Forward.  That showed a bunch of model numbers, but not
the one for my printer.  Maybe it does need to be on the network
for this to work.  But I'll try installing foomatic first.

I appreciate the suggestion of getting drivers and instructions from
the Brother web site, but I've never had to do this in the past.