Re: F12 RC3 Can't create modem network connection

On 11/10/2009 08:15 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 20:43 -0600, Jim Haynes wrote:
I installed F12 RC3 in what I think is a typical gnome desktop
configuration, and I customized the installation to select
dialup networking.  Then I tried to use System->Administration->Network
to create a new modem connection.  The program crashed with the following
error report

Component: system-config-network
Version: 1.5.99

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/NCPluginModemInterface.py", line 136, in on_Modem_prepare
      dlist = getModemList()
    File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/plugins/NCPluginDevModem.py", line 37, in getModemList
      import kudzu
ImportError: No module named kudzu

Local variables in innermost frame:

I checked and there is no kudzu package installed, but I don't know if
that is the cause of the above error.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net

It almost certainly is.

Harald appears to have (incorrectly?) silently dropped the requirement
of kudzu in 1.5.97:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/system-config-network/F-12/system-config-network.spec?r1=1.48&r2=1.49

However, I think you should be able to configure the connection via
NetworkManager, and that would be the preferred method. Can you try
that? Thanks.

hmm, seems I forgot one place...