Re: [Test-Announce] Upcoming Fedora12 RC install test

On 11/05/2009 01:20 PM, shmuel siegel wrote:

A few comments on the install.
On the bad side
1)I386 dvd Installation without fedora repository failed because it was
missing jwhois
2)Installation with dvd and fedora repository failed - could be faulty
media but
a) why wasn't I given the option to continue - module was not critical
(some palm-pilot module)
even the module is not critical, it's not a good choice to continue the installation.The installer should guarantee that the system is correctly and completely installed

b) why wasn't the fedora repository used as a backup for unreadable file

when you install with DVD, you can select additional repository and specify it as a mirror list. Or if you are not confident about your physical media,please use anaconda to check on stage 1.
3) Installed fedora release notes for fedora 10

please file a bug against this

On the good side
1) Broadcom network wireless "just worked"
2) Even though I did an install with erase of root partition it picked
up my passwords from home partition so that it can connect to encrypted
wireless network (prompted for key ring)

Thanks for your feedback! :)
Liam