Broadcom wireless seems to work out of the box

Wireless worked on my dell d630 out of the box on one of the f12 live-cds. This looks promising. I wasn't able to get my wireless running until fedora 7. And that took some unknown combination of b43-cutter, finding the right firmware (somehow the windows driver wasn't sufficient), modprobe, blacklisting, and ndiswrapper. Since I don't know what made it work, I have been unwilling to do a full install again. Even upgrades were done with trepidation since fedora 8 required more magic to get it to work again. But if it works from a vanilla install I would like to reinstall. Can I take the live cd as evidence that things will work?