Re: Fedora 12 beta issues

On 29/10/09 02:11 AM, Christoph Frieben wrote:
2009/10/29 Dariusz J. Garbowski <thuforuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
10. Ethernet network interface (cable) doesn't get up during boot even
though it's configured as not managed by NM. I have to bring it up manually.
  This network interface doesn't start on boot:

# 3Com Corporation 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone]
DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=00:10:4B:7A:65:73
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
TYPE=Ethernet
IPV6INIT=no
USERCTL=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
PEERDNS=yes

That's what you expect unless you enable service "network" and disable
service "NetworkManager". In case NM is enabled you would have to set
NM_CONTROLLED=yes in addition to ONBOOT=yes to get network
connectivity already during the boot procedure.

Aha! Thanks for this information, I will certainly put it to good use. Particularly that I will be yanking NM from this machine, it's all cable wired.

--
thufor