Re: How do I keep intentionally unmounted filesystems out of the GTK file dialog?

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 11:09:53AM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

Apparently you cannot as this is considered a proper "user-friendly"
behaviour with no ways to make it less so.  Quite a while ago I
tried to explain that this is nothing but and also has obscene
security implications.  All my arguments fallen on deaf ears and bug
reports were closed WONTFIX.  I gave up.  I will be not drawn into
the same conversation again but if somebody has ways to prevent that
nastiness I am all ears.

   Michal

On this matter I am in agreement with you. I use personal home partitions and some of these are now encrypted. As more and more partitions are added, this could get quite messy.

Can you provide the bug numbers for your requests? Could be worth referencing for new RFE's.

I think that this could be an issue with people wanting hidden directories when travelling with laptops, especially when crossing boarders.

--
Robin Laing