Re: Problem with nv driver on FC12

I agree with Adam. My NVidia card uses the nouveau driver, and Fedora 12 Alpha detected the card and implemented nouveau just fine. I didn't have to do anything special beyond twiddling my thumbs briefly during the installation and Firstboot process. I like the way Xorg now notices my second monitor and extends the desktop onto it.

I did have to retry the installation about 3 times before I got it done right, because my machine is a laptop that is normally on a docking station. I am only just learning how to be laptoppish.

Bob