Re: Dependency Checking Not Finishing

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
FYI Some time ago yum update on fc11 was wedged in dependency checking.
I rebooted and then yum update worked properly.

Normally I don't reboot Linux unless something like the kernel or dovecot
is modified.  Perhaps multiple yum updates without a reboot doesn't
clean things up as well as a reboot.

Often the wedging is caused by rpm getting stuck.  When that happens, I
typically follow this process (as root):

	(abort any yum and/or rpm transactions)
	# yum clean all
	# rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
	# rpm --rebuilddb

rpm and yum usually work fine after that.  YMMV.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks@xxxxxxxx -
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -