Re: nouveau drv?

On 08/09/2009 10:11 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 17:55 -0700, Rob Healey wrote:

I believe that you are trying to push too hard and too fast without
caring about the users lately!  I got started using Redhat/ Fedora
back at Redhat 6!  I have used all bleeding edge releases from then on
up to Fedora 11 now.  I have never had this much problem with
installing and using now -- FC12!

Can you all help me???

Sincerely yours,
a very disappointed bleeding-edge user,

this kind of breakage is perfectly normal for Rawhide. Just because you
happen to have missed it for now doesn't mean anything has particularly
changed.

You just need to update to a later xorg-x11-server and related packages:

and later xorg-x11-drv-nouveau:

and all will be fine.

Long ago, another Fedora user emailed this lament:

"...I know rawhide eats babies...".

How right that is, and Adam is correct too. If you use rawhide, it will break on you. Rawhide will eat babies.

Just remember that each time you install from Rawhide.

Personally I just pick up a new hard drive and slip it in my laptop and I use that to install rawhide, alpha or beta Fedora releases.

Bob