Re: Fedora 12 Alpha installation test invitation --Jul 29, 2009

On 07/29/2009 05:56 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 14:11 +0800, Liam wrote:
The day(Jul 29 2009) for Fedora 12 Alpha candidate installation test is
coming soon,please join us on that day to try the first installation
test of F12. If you get some defects,I'd like you to file bugs according
to this definition of Severity:
     *  Urgent: the bug makes whole system unusable (or it is a security
bug, which is per definition urgent)
     * High: the bug makes the program in question unusable
     * Medium: a real bug which makes program more difficult to use, at
least part of the program is available; possibly workarounds are available
     * Low: anything else - cosmetic issues, corner cases with unusual
(non-default) configurations, etc.

more details at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow#Severity

Hi, Liam. Only developers and BugZappers team members can set severity,
reporters are locked out of the field. Setting this value should be done
as part of the triage process (so you might like to talk to Andy about
doing it). Thanks!

I can set severity when I file a bug, do you mean that setting makes no sense? or after a tester filed the bug, some developers will reset that severity if it is not correct?

Thanks
Liam