Re: F11 to Rawhide...

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Rob Healey <robhealey1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings Everyone:

I have tried this several times, and I get the same reaction each time.  I have a fully updated F11 installation to start with...

I enabled fedora-rawhide.repo, and tell yum to update.  There is no problems until I reboot my machine...  I get a kernel failure notice in the bottom right of the screen, then my computer completely locks up.  I have to hard crash it by holding in the power button.  Re-start the computer and same thing happens again...

Has anyone else gone through this or am I the odd duck in the pond?  I was hoping that there would be a newer kernel out there than 2.6.30-6, but there is not!  So it leads me to think that it is something wrong with my computer!!!

Help me, please...

Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

It's probably a bug in kernel.