Re: with atl1e driver: Corrupted MAC on input

On 05/30/2009 04:36 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
I believe I have detected a significant problem with the "atl1e" driver for
the Attansic Technology Corp. Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet
Controller (rev b0) when running Fedora 11 preview with the latest updates.

I added to the bug that I'm seeing this on two machines with the same NIC - one Asus-board desktop, and an eeePC, both on RC2. I thought I was seeing it sooner on the desktop, but that appears to have just been random bad luck, both can go for several minutes (gigabit) without errors.

Although my problem occurred when I was running scp, I believe that the
problem could also occur with other forms of data transfer and only show up
as corrupted data (files).

I'm glad I use rsync. One thing it does is send a checksum when it's done transferring a file. Inevitably, I try something else and wind up using rsync in the end!

 Thus, I thought this email appropriate to warn
other users.  My current "solution" is to install another NIC.

That's one heck of a recommended workaround for a regression. I can't seem to find the PCIe connector on the netbook. :)

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/