Re: Rawhide Netinstall firewall

On 17/05/09 11:19, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
I have to start a netinstall for a friend tonight who doesn't have
a firewall or router.
How is the machine going to connect to the internet to download stage2, repoinfo and packages ?

What is the default behavior of the netinstall
iso's firewall?
Are you asking whether the installer brings up the iptables firewall, with external connections dropped and internal outbound connections allowed, as it brings up the ethernet interface ?

(I never scanned mine while installing to know. If you set the installer to use vnc, it definitely allow a vnc server port on the machine to let you connect in.)

DaveT.