Re: F11 Preview : everything OK but Virtualbox

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 11:13:37AM -0500, E.B. A. wrote:

My only problem is VirtualBox. Whenever I try to run a new virtual session,
somehow, it just stop working. I installed the dkms but somehow it doesn't
work. Still, I think it's because of something I do, I haven't really done
any troubleshoot.

I'm curious why you use VirtualBox instead of the built-in
virtualization solution in Fedora, yum groupinstall Virtualization

Doesn't this depend on hardware virtualization features in the CPU?  I'm not the original poster, but that is the reason I use VirtualBox.

gerry@ubuntu-64:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor    : 0
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 15
model        : 35
model name    : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
stepping    : 2
cpu MHz        : 2216.429
cache size    : 512 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 0
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 0
initial apicid    : 0
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 1
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni lahf_lm cmp_legacy
bogomips    : 4432.85
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts fid vid ttp

processor    : 1
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 15
model        : 35
model name    : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
stepping    : 2
cpu MHz        : 2216.429
cache size    : 512 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 2
core id        : 1
cpu cores    : 2
apicid        : 1
initial apicid    : 1
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 1
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni lahf_lm cmp_legacy
bogomips    : 4433.33
TLB size    : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts fid vid ttp

Note: no SVM flag.

Gerry