Re: F11 kvm-qemu: isn't svm enough on AMD?

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
For networking we have a page describing our 2 recommended configs
here:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking

Those both need quite some configuration. What's wrong with the userspace
network stack? You can talk from QEMU out with no configuration and just
need a -redir switch to forward a QEMU port to an arbitrary host port
(which can also be used to connect from the host to the VM by connecting to
localhost). That should be working with KVM too, shouldn't it?

You can ssh out and redirect back in, or any of several things, but then the host need to open it's firewall to allow other machines in, and do forwarding (IIRC), it only takes a few lines of script to setup the bridge, then the guest is independent, as much as it can be.

I'm on such a guest now, I have multiple severs running on the host, we all have our own connections.

What you said is totally correct, but there are advantages to tap.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>