Re: F11 - setting mouse taps

Will Woods wrote:
On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 16:45 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I noticed that when I put F10 on laptops, it configured the mousepad to use taps and areas, so no actual keys were needed. And based on two installs of F11, it seems that the default is not to activate taps.

In both cases the selection of behavior is left out of the "Preferences" menu for mouse, where most users would probably look for it, or at least might stumble upon it. The only way I know to set this stuff is using an xorg.conf file, but obviously there's another way.

Any hope of getting this control in the Preferences for F11?

Try installing gsynaptics. The version in rawhide knows how to properly
deal with the new touchpad driver.

-w

in the old gsynaptics there was an option to adjust the area used for the vertical and horizontal scrolling making it wider or thinner, this is no longer available and now my scrolling part of the touchpad is the *very *edge of the pad, making it very difficult to get it to work, will this functionality be put back into the new version?

phil