Re: Announcing Fedora 11 Beta

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, John Summerfield wrote:

I've clicked and clicked and clicked, but I cannot see the answer;

Where are we up to with virtualisation, and Xen in particular?

Fedora dom0 xen support is waiting for at least basic support to be put into the upstream kernels, which should happen during the current merge window for 2.6.30, but there is still a bit of arguing over it so it isn't certain. Hence it won't be in F11, though might be in F12.

Dom0 does however work (at least some of the time) in F11, and there are kernels based on the Fedora kernels with dom0 support added in at http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/ using patches from the git repository of the xen developer Jeremy Fitzhardinge http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=summary and should be close to what is proposed for 2.6.30. These kernels are not however expected to be bug-free.

	Michael Young