Re: Radeon Test Day: Wednesday April 1st (yes, really)

Adam Williamson said the following on 03/31/2009 10:08 AM Pacific Time:
On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 16:42 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

I added some instructions to the wiki to help identify the hardware.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:Radeon_2009-04-01#What.27s_needed_to_test

I'm only keying off of a vendor string of
"1002" (from /usr/share/hwdata/pci.ids).  Please advise if additional
strings are needed.

Thanks,
James
wtf...

Testers start using and providing smolt profile when doing HW related tests

They already do, but this is at a different stage. This is at the point
where the user is deciding whether they actually have the right hardware
to participate in the test.

James, just a vendor ID of 1002 in something isn't enough, because ATI
make lots of other things besides graphics cards. That could just
indicate you have, say, an ATI motherboard, but you might have a
different graphics card plugged into it. Still, I just don't see this as
a huge issue, I really don't think many people don't know what graphics
card they have?

It isn't a *huge* issue. Why not make it easy for someone who doesn't know kind of card they have and who wants to help, find out?

John