Re: network manager, KDE and libudev

Jesse Keating wrote:
Our current tool set does not have any merging capability of changed
config files.  Its an all or nothing approach.  The repo files shipped
in the fedora-release package for a given release will have the correct
repos enabled (the fedora repo as well as the updates repo), but if
you've locally modified your repo files, we won't overwrite your changes
and instead write out .rpmnew files for you to examine and merge as
appropriate.

Generally, when using cli yum on large updates, the rpmnew messages fly by too fast to be noticed. I've seen that yum now summarizes the changes when it finishes. It should probably list the location of all of the rpmnew files as part of the summary.