Re: Fedora Test Day - Intel graphics driver

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 12:47 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 16:31 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 19:35 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> > > Greetings testers,
> > >
> > > Apologies for the late notice.  We had a slight change in the plan for
> > > this weeks test day.  The focus will be on upcoming Intel graphics
> > > driver changes.
> >
> > Apologies for the late response.
> >
> > Am I too late to run these tests and submit the results.
> >
> > I'm having troubles with my intel chipset on rawhide, so my results
> > might be valuable.
>
> Nope, definitely not. As it says on the page, results are welcome any
> time.
>
> We will probably have a follow-up event before F11 comes out, so the
> devs can check progress in fixing the issues identified by this first
> round of testing.

I haven't quite finished the testing yet, but I'm not sure I'm actually
getting 3D from my intel card at this stage.

I can run glxgears, but the 500 frames per second (for a default size
window glxgears window) are underwhelming.  A NVidia GeForce Go 6800
using F10 gives me around 1700fps, and a Intel 915GM using F9 gives me
400FPS, so I would expect my Intel 4 Series Chipset to give me much
better than the Intel 915 and given the age of the Nvidia chipset (3 or
4 years old), something better than that too.

How can I tell if 3d is actually working for me?

Rodd

 It's much better on my side"
--
MOOSE technology
po box 6061, north croydon, vic 3136     mobile: 0403 338 731

"Share your knowledge.  It is a way to achieve immortality."
                                            -- The Dalai Lama