Re: Interesting comments

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:

Everyone would probably agree that, if the system won't boot, that is critical. I would expect such a critical error would be a candidate release blocker.

Not really. It has to be evaluated more on a case by case basis. Every release of any distribution probably doesn't boot on some systems. We have just way too many variety of hardware such as these to consider them all as critical and solve them all. Popularity of the particular hardware in question and other factors needs to be considered before marking them as a blocker of any sort.

I said "candidate blocker."

--

Cheers
John