Re: fedora 11 alpha nfs not listening on udp port 2049?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 07:02:04PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
invoking tcpdump shows continuous
diagnostics claiming that, on the server side, "udp port nfs
unreachable."
A stupid question.  How about iptables blocking an access to those
ports?  Or something else - like PolicyKit or selinux?  With so many
competing "security" mechanisms it is harder and harder to predict
with what results you may end up.

  not a stupid question at all.  as i'm still new to f11 alpha (as
we all are), perhaps there's some kind of firewalling beyond iptables
that i don't know about.  i've explicitiy turned off iptables as this
is on a local network.

  also, from my original post, i don't think it's any kind of
firewalling as "netstat" shows me that, even though mountd and nfsd is
running, there is *nothing* listening at port 2049.  i've never seen
that before.  i've always understood that an NFS server will be
listening at that port so it's puzzling.

  i checked on our regular RHEL4 server and, sure enough, netstat
shows lots of 2049 port listening.  as another test, i tried "telnet
localhost 2049" on the f11 alpha box.  nothing.  this is just weird.
what am i missing?

I'm running WBEL4 crossed with CentOS4. NFS works. Nothing's listening to port 2049.

I'm also running CentOS4. Same deal.

Likewise on a Debian system at the other end of my VPN.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait