Re: create livecd failed

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Ray Chen wrote:

I want to create a livecd iso and follow the process in the webpage
below:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo#Creating_a_Live_CD

and I use this command to create:
livecd-creator
-c /usr/share/doc/livecd-tools-020/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks

However, I only find one menu "Boot from local drive "when grub stage,
and it shows errors after type "enter":

Booting from local disk...
FATAL: No bootable device.

PS: I have no physical CD-ROM on my Fedora-10 machine.

I think that means that there is no kernel in your live CD. I would guess you have an i686 machine, so I suggest you copy /usr/share/doc/livecd-tools-020/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks and replace kernel with kernel-PAE . However, as the live CD produced will be a rawhide one, you are likely to have additional problems because rawhide uses squashfs version 4.0, and Fedora 10 has squashfs-tools-3.4-1 so will produce files that the live CD kernel can't read.

	Michael Young