Re: dependencies running wild again

Jason Farrell <farrellj@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>> IIRC, AmaroK switched to using mysql by default, because sqlite got
>> incredibly slow with the size of music collection that quite a lot of
>> people have these days. I could, of course, be Ring completely inC.

> Should just be requiring mysql-embedded

That's hardly an improvement... mysql-embedded is huge too, in fact
really bigger because almost nothing else is going to bring it in.
So that's umpteen meg to download for no other purpose than amarok.

The nearby comments about plugins seem relevant here: ideally, the
packager of amarok shouldn't be forcing a particular choice of database
on users.

			regards, tom lane