Re: re-doing the QA part of "join-fedora"

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
Daumas, I think I hit your concerns about expectations and have the basic idea for documenting bodhi, koji, eieio...

Do we really need a Stream Liaison in the QA team? Should that role be in another Fedora group?

What about people that wish to download packages from updates-testing and make sure they don't destroy the system (ex: dbus updates)? I would like to fill such a role.

The other roles look fine to me, but I'm just a newb.

Stream Liason is a reality check. My real goal would be an openness in QA that lets us assimilate feedback from the user community and NOT require QA to test every bloody thing under the sun before the GA date is hit.

For example, if we have some finite community who really really really likes TWM on PPC as their window manager then they can really really really help by making sure THEY test it. Someone from that community could interact with QA if TWM on PPC broke and that person/group could act as Stream Liason. They would get the quickest updates, and would work into the system and be able to articulate their community needs and Fedora's progress bi-directionally.

QA members could volunteer to be a Stream Liason for whatever sub-groups they really liked spending time with. The SL is mostly a communications point between QA and the specific user community. For starters, it would probably be better to have a finite scope on what a "Stream" is. Unless you already have a gung-ho team like "KDE" that does much of the same idea.

Does that make more sense? If not, feel to say so.  ;)

On the general tester role, as Rahul also mentioned, you are both right. I just blanked out on that one. Just added "Release Tester", does that convey the right information?

Leam