Re: iSCSI root installs fine but doesn't boot

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Dennis J. wrote:

Already tried that. What bugs me is that the installation went through without a hitch which shows that the iscsi setup seems to work fine but after the reboot the laptop doesn't even send out any packet to my desktop and just fails right away.

Dennis,

Just speculating... do you have kernel level autoconfiguration (CONFIG_IP_PNP,
CONFIG_IP_PNP_DHCP) in the kernel being booted?

Steve