Re: Selinux and Apache

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
Following suggestions, I copied the http document root to /var/www
and reset the httpd.conf file.

SElinux now allows Apache to start up work for some files.
However it prevents Apache from following symbolic links to
some 63 gb of jpeg files.

SElinux also gronked the NAT forwarding using rc.firewall-2.4

So, off with SElinux.
Does disabling SElinux remove all of the 10 per cent or so of
SElunix overhead, or must the kernel be recompiled without it?

It's not hard to serve content from alternative locations, it took me about five minutes, when I needed to serve from /var/local/mirror, to find how to do it, without asking. There are not many possible commands:-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait