Re: yum-3.2.20-4.fc9 error

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Joshua C. wrote:

2008/12/5 Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Joshua C. wrote:

I don't want to set obsolete=1

why not?

-sv

I don't want to install packages based on someone else's idea that he
knows (better than I) what I should "like" and be "good" for me.

Obsoletes in fedora don't work like that. Obsoletes aren't about 'this pkg is better than this other one'. It's about 'we have removed or renamed this other package, this is what you will need to continue using (and/or stay secure) for this feature'.

-sv