Re: Yum and Yumex

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Alan Cox wrote:

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 05:56:08PM -0600, Jerry Amundson wrote:
On 12/2/08, Leslie Satenstein <lsatenstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, one wrong delete and you will find yourself having to reinstall.

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
Doctor: Then don't do that.

Customer: It blows up when I do this
Manufacturer: Don't do that then
<Exit customer in range to find lawyer)

I question your analogy. Things that blow up on you should be sure to confirm
first, or better yet not blow up

Both yum and yumex confirm before taking any destructive action.

However, if the user runs yum with a -y they have excplicitly offered confirmation.

What more can we do?

Make a --really-force like mkraid has?

Hell, we even offer a yum plugin which keeps transactions removing certain pkgs or transactions of a certain size from running at all.

-sv