PulseAudio info needed

There is a lot of FUD and general mistrust of PA.  It seems to me that it
would help a great deal if someone would write a short statement about what PA
is and how it should work.  If there is known readable references, they would
help too, as would noting any known work-arounds for problem.

It would be a great help to those of us who try to give user support.  I'd
even put it on my own web space and direct folk to it, if that would help.

Anne