Re: Root Privelages

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
Running su and getting a root shell does not give you root in the GUI.
su -c nautilus

I've said it once and I say it again if users
want to be able to login as root from GDM into the Gnome Desktop Enviroment
simply remove the "user != root quiet" from /etc/pam.d/gdm

Nextime I suggest searching the mailing list before posting a question.

Ping DOC team if it's not already in the release notes perhaps it should be added....

JBG

BTW

Some other things to mention are...
gnome-control-center
/etc/sudoers & NOPASSWD parameter

If you dont want to be logged in as root.

JBG