Re: Here again with bugs on Window shared folders.

Antonio M wrote:
2008/11/20 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxx>:
Antonio M wrote:
2008/11/20 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <D.Mierzejewski@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:56:51PM +0100, Antonio M wrote:

Surprise!!!! we are not far from official release and again if I want
to surf an shared folder on a Windows machine,

Surfing is usually done on water using surfing boards.
I'm not sure how you can surf a folder... ;)

I see the shared
folders and again I get the message that I cannot mount shared
directory!!!!

But seriously, we are too close to a release to make non-critical
changes now. The fix (if any) will come as an update later. Have
you filed a bug report in bugzilla?

Regards,
R.

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling

No I have not filed a bug (and I will not file): as we are close to
the release, I suggest that any change that are critical should be
tested by developers as many of us had a working system and now it is
broken (the it-is-rawhide-and-it-can-be-broken song should not played
at this point of development)

First of all as I see it it's up to us QA'S not the developers to test and
report
and make sure this does not hit the end-user(s).

Bug dont get FIXED if they dont get FILED.

It's better that developers spend there time coding rather than testing..

this is exactly what I mean by it-is-rawhide-it-can-be-broken-song

I can say that many bugs are cyclic, why should play a cyclic filing job???
So that they get fixed..

Anyway i'm unable to duplicate this.

I'm able to connect to a samba share both with a PDC as a backend and AD using..

Places --> Connect to server
Through an already created bookmark in "Computer"
Through the "File browser" and directly enter the smb path
with smbclient from cli..

The only trouble i'm experience-ing with samba, is bug 443047

I suggest you check your firewall and if any changes have been made to the windows machine
( if this is some lan setup )

They seem to have introduced the NM and Gnome keyring issue again.. ( Asking for password to unlock )

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801