Re: webcam support - f10 preview+

David Timms wrote:
Hi, especially to Hans for his work on web cam stuff,

So I got my:
Logitech QuickCam Express Plus 046d:092f spca561 integrated works cam showing an image on updated f10 preview, where previously I had no luck when I had tested a couple of months back with a booting a rawhide kernel on F9 machine and so forth.

However, what I did notice:
- image is extremely dark by default - to the point that I didn't think it was working at all, until I picked it up and accidentally pointed it at the room light ;) - eventually found v4l2ucp which gives: white balance, exposure, gain, auto gain controls. - the image is quote grainy / blurry -even after best attempt with the focus ring.

Having never used the particular cam under winxp, I don't know how good the image should be but expected it to be reasonable.

Does this sound typical for this device {on a usb2 port on a 1 year old laptop}, or perhaps there is something screwy with my setup [or do I need 500W floodlights in my living room] ?

What program did you use to test? Cheese is buggy in some cases. Try xawtv.

Rahul