Re: f10 groupinstall KDE

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Adam Pribyl wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Seth Vidal wrote:

yum groupinstall KDE

but in F10 no go. The group name is again "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

OK, so this "keyword" really does not work in F10.
(BTW: same for GNOME too)

and what is worse, as those group names are localized to various languages, you can not use those localized group names for installations. So
yum grouplist
will show you the group name in you language, but you can not do
yum groupinstall 'KDE (K pracovni prostredi)'

Bug or feature?

You should be able to install by localized name. However, I bet what yum is getting and what you're inputting are not matching up.

Interesting. Copy and paste is not good enought?

You are right, this seems to work on the other installation of F10 (maybe I really had a typo in group name...).

Adam Pribyl