Re: Skype

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John5342 wrote:
yum --nogpg localinstall <package>

will install it. The nogpg bit tells yum to ignore the signature.

2008/11/11 Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

   Antonio M wrote:

       2008/11/10 Leszek Matok <Lam@xxxxxx>:

           Dnia 2008-11-10, o godz. 06:32:27 "David L"
           <idht4n@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:idht4n@xxxxxxxxx>> napisał(a):

               For me, I have to make sure I have
               enabled the proper sound capture device in alsamixer.
                It's
               not obvious, but hitting a space bar enables a device.

           In F10, the new GNOME mixer AKA gnome-volume-control
           allows you to quickly
           access all Pulse, ALSA and OSS mixers (somehow I got 11 of
           them, not a very
           good user experience, but the ALSA ones are clearly
           visible and you can use
           them without problems).

           I had to hit Preferences to actually make the options I'm
           interested in
           visible, but after that, I have no problem with enabling
           microphone or line-in
           when I need them. I don't use PA, but have it installed
           and running somewhere
           in the background, just to see if it'll break something or
           not (and it
           doesn't).

           Lam

       tnx to all

       1) I think that if pulseaudio is the future, we must work to
       make it work
       2) I have all slides up (microphone and so on..), I can listen
       to my
       correspondent, video is working out of the box, but audio
       recording is
       not working...
       3) Skype should work out of the box, even it is closed
       source....in F8
       it was working immediately after setting up sound in AlsaMixer

   Question on installing Skype it wouldn't let me install skype FC
   10 because it had no signature.
   Did you "rpm -ivh --force"  install it ??

   --    fedora-test-list mailing list
   fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Has someone submitted a bug report on no sound in FC 10, I ran gnome-volume-control and my setting are okay. I would like to second the bug report if there is one.
If I run skype it tells me sound isn't working.

--

I got the same error on skype with F8 and all I did, after some research on forums,
was yum erase pulseaudio :-)
--
Aioanei Rares
schaiba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx