Re: gmplayer not doing what it should: playing... / gstreamer related resets X -> Related to desktopeffects!!

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 08:03:09PM +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Am Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:01:11 +0100
> schrieb Roger Grosswiler <roger@xxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> > should i file this also in bugzilla for fedora?? where? is this a
> > kernelbug? am i the only concerned? If i am not wrong, this should
> > concern lots of ati radeon-users!
>
> *argh* i disabled now desktopeffects, then it works. so there seems to
> be an incompability between mplayer/gstreamer and compiz???

As I wrote in your RPMFusion bug report, MPlayer shouldn't be able to
crash the Xserver. If it does, it usually means it triggered some bug
in either the Xserver or radeon driver, or perhaps its kernel part.

Regards,

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling