Re: Yum upgrade vs preupgrade - readahead etc

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Jonathan Roberts wrote:

Hi all,

After yum upgrading my way to F10 from F9, the experience as already
reported was pretty painless. The only problem is that some packages,
key to Fedora 10 features, do not get picked up with the update. e.g.
readahead, and grub doesn't seem to have been updated either.

A few questions:

* Would the same problem occur if I'd used preupgrade?

Preupgrade is more or less the same process as, anaconda update. Therefore I think this depends on anaconda..

* How can identify missing packages/settings and add them to my
current Fedora installation?
* Should this be considered a bug?

I do not think so. If you are updating via yum, this is absolutly correct result.

Kindly,

Jon

Adam Pribyl