Re: XO: Success with 4 Gig Card

Michael Solberg wrote:
On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 21:49 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
Couple of comments:

1) GDK has not updated his blog
2) The initial boot is very slow, with no feedback (no hotdog man)
3) many windows are much snappier.
4) new windows such as font preferences and terminal preferences are painfully slow (the latter is going on 5 mins)
5) Still get kernel panic at the beginning

It's also worth noting that the few of us on #fedora-qa testing the new
images tonight were all still getting hard lock-ups of our systems after
a few minutes of usage.  This seems unrelated to memory - I still had
plenty of swap left at least once when it froze up.  It almost seems
like an X problem.  Sometimes the system freezes, but I can still move
virtual terminal when that happens.

Is that ctrl-alt-erase in xo speak (solid diamond-empty diamond-erase)?

-- bk