Re: First steps of the transition from Livna to RPM Fusion begins now for livna-devel users!

>>> Find below a cut'n'pasted and slightly enhanced version of a post from my
>>> blog FYI:
>>>
>>> As you'll likely have heard by now: RPM Fusion ( http://rpmfusion.org ),
>>> the
>>> merger of Dribble, Freshrpms and Livna gets closer to its official
>>> release/start. Most of the packages from Livna have been imported and
>>> build
>>> for RPM Fusion already, hence we now begin to slowly move users from
>>> Livna
>>> over to RPM Fusion by activating the RPM Fusion free and nonfree rawhide
>>> repos for users of livna's devel branch *now*.
>>> [...]
>>
>> Is there any chance of getting all the kmod packages rebuilt against
>> the the current 2.6.27-3 release? The rest of the packages I've tested
>> look great, its just some of the kmod ones I can't.
>
> I build the kmods for the kernel that were shipped with the beta. If you
> follow rawhide then you might want to install the akmod-packages (e.g.
> akmod-nvidia); then the akmods scripts will automatically build new kmod
> packages when you install a new kernel-install (or during boot); that's
> similar to how dkms does it.
>
> The plan is to rebuild all kmods in RPM Fusion for the latest rawhide kernel
> automatically once a week (likely on each Sunday) to make sure they still
> compile (and for users with slow netbooks, where you don't want to compile
> modules); but I haven't got around to set that up yet, sorry.

The netbook wifi drivers were what I was after as my netbook doesn't
have the space for compilers etc. and I don't have any other i386
boxes around to recompile and hadn't had time to try and work out how
to make mock build them. Weekly would be great.

Peter