audio pops and snaps?

All -

I have an Abit KN8 SLI motherboard with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (Socket 939) and 4GB memory. The sound card is an on-board nVidia Corporation CK804 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev a2).

I installed off the F10 x86_64 beta DVD ISO image and updated against rawhide about an hour ago.

I'm noticing a *lot* of audio pops and snaps. For instance, I use Pidgin and I have sound events turned on for pretty much everything. Often the snaps come as a sound event occurs like someone "speaking" on IRC - instead of a clear note when someone "talks" there is a snap and then the note. Also, when someone joins or leaves, the note is often (but not always) interrupted by either a short sound dropout or a pop.

In other cases, just sitting here typing away on this e-mail with no sound event being triggered, I hear a pop.

This system works great with RHEL 5.2 installed, and I don't recall any audio issues under F9. This seems to be unique to F10/rawhide.

BZ 466840 filed.

TC