Re: HD4670 - Fedora 10 Alpha.

Craig Cruden wrote:
I did a test run - installing Fedora 10 Alpha on a new computer (to make sure the machine was put together properly), and I plan to try the Beta when I get a copy of it....

Good and the beta is not far away..
BUT, I am guessing that the Open Source drivers are having problems with that card - is that going to improve on the Alpha install?

You mean the beta right..
When I installed, it would not use the graphical installer - and decided that the only way it would install would be in terminal mode.

You did finish install right and updated to latest rawhide?
Upon first reboot, the "cylon" screen came up (all blank colour with a bar going back and forth).... It just stopped there. I believe it fell back to terminal mode again, but it was hidden behind this screen so I could not see what I was entering (i.e. after I was hitting keys, and enter many times - it did finish - but it was configured all wrong since I really did not know what I was doing).

Try it with the kernel parameter nomodeset ....

JBG..