Re: Help me triage

Jesse Keating said the following on 09/24/2008 08:41 AM Pacific Time:
On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 13:14 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
I guess triagers hear this a lot... I know I've been talking to several people about this, but has a serious request for a CONFIRMED status or flag ever been put in with the bugzilla maintainers? I'm not sure whether that can be done for the Fedora Product alone, as obviously (if it can only be done for the entire bugzilla, globally) this would impact RH's workflows.
+1 for adding CONFIRMED status to bugzilla. I don't think it would
affect RH products much. Either it wouldn't be used at all or treated
like equivalent to NEW for them.

I would be for it as well.  I do believe the gnome bugzilla uses
something along those lines.  It's nice as a bug filer as well to see
something go from UNCONFIRMED (or NEW) to CONFIRMED.  At least I know
that they see it as a problem, whether or not it'll get fixed any time
soon doesn't matter, they've at least acknowledged the problem.

Since we didn't have the CONFIRMED state at the time we hoped that the NEW --> ASSIGNED transition might be a similar indication.

What would be the preference for indicating that a bug has been "triaged"?

1) Keyword = "Triaged"
2) CONFIRMED bug state
3) CONFIRMED flag

I believe #3 offers the advantage of being able to set ACLs as to who can or can't set a particular flag.

In the meantime I'll see what I can find out from our bugilla people.

John