Re: Cannot grant PolicyKit authorizations

On 16 Sep 2008, at 5:37 PM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:

On 09/15/2008 06:27:40 PM Mon, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
From: Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com>
Hey folks,
I just got an install of rawhide done and configuring it using much of my previous home directory. I've got a problem with policykit authorizations though... I can't grant them to any users. I've tried with a fresh user, and my main user, and polkit-gnome- authorization does nothing when I try to grant an authorization, it just has a disabled 'grant' button in the dialog after choosing a user and limits for the authorization. All I'm getting from packagekit is a denied access dialog, no offer to let me grant authorization (no dialog to use root credentials to grant auth for a user?) for updates or new software installs.
I have a similar problem after yum-upgrading from F9 to rawhide. PackageKit fails periodically, complaining 'org.freedesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh no', but if I try to edit the corresponding implicit authorizations, the 'Modify' button stays insensitive, so I have no way to implement the change.

Upgrading gdm to 2.23.92-6 fixed the issue for me.

Thanks for clueing me in Peter, I just upgraded to 2.23.92-8, the latest in koji today, and it fixed my issue after restarting gdm. Now authorizations can be granted.

Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx>
gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB 5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29
http://www.lordmorgul.net