Re: Non X console removal

Scott Robbins wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 02:14:59PM +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
Hi all. Is this really necessary to remove the option of consoles in text-mode?

I find it really handy to be able to fireup more than one console in non X mode when doing a fresh Fedora installation.

This seems to be an extremely unpopular decision for a variety of
reasons.  Is it something that can be overridden by popular demand?

Despite the influx of newcomers, I suspect that much of Fedora's user
base still consists of sysadmin types who use RH, CentOS, or something
similar on the job.
Is it  even worth mentioning that the lack of console login is one of
the most frequent complaints about the Linpus Lite Fedora derivative
shipped with the Acer Aspire One?
As Fedora is, in theory, a community distro, perhaps there should be
some sort of vote.  :)

Who makes these decisions?
( Developer and or maintainer, the board, who ? )

Should or should not the Fedora community/end user have something to say in these matters ??

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801