        To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases

           <fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx>>
        From: Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tgl@xxxxxxxxxx>>
        Subject: Re: resolv.conf hijacking?
        "Tom Horsley" <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx
        <mailto:tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>> writes:

            ARRGH! What the devil is hijacking my /etc/resolv.conf file?

        Is this F9?

            I have NetworkManager completely uninstalled on this system
            (only NetworkManager-glib still exists due to dependencies).

        That piece of junk overwrites /etc/resolv.conf during boot, even
        when allegedly disabled.

    I had a similar issue with my /etc/resolv.conf years ago
    on SuSE Linux. Cannot remember now what was causing it though.

    Is it possible to rename the offending executable file, so it
    cannot be run at boot time?

    Regards,

    Keith Roberts

         I'd like to find out exactly where it's happening, too, so I
        can take a sufficiently large-gauge cluestick to the
        perpetrators.  Pre-F9 systems did not break my network config
        on every reboot.  I've worked around it for the moment by
        forcibly overwriting resolv.conf with a non-broken version in
        /etc/rc.local, but this is hardly satisfactory.

                               regards, tom lane

-- fedora-test-list mailing list
        fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
        To unsubscribe:

    Websites:
    http://www.php-debuggers.net
    http://www.karsites.net
    http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

    The mind of the prudent is ever getting knowledge, and the
    eear of the wise is ever seeking, inquiring for and craving
    knowledge. Pr. 18:15 Amp

    TMDA [http://tmda.net]

Rick Coloccia, Jr.
Network Manager, SUNY Geneseo