Re: rawhide install report 20080709

Will Woods wrote:
<snip>

...kinda. In some of my tests, plymouth is getting installed *after*
kernel, which means it's not being included in the initrd.

If you want to be 100% sure:

1) make sure plymouth-plugin-spinfinity is installed
   This is the default plugin, and it pulls in the rest of plymouth.
2) recreate your initrd
   kv=$(uname -r)
   mv /boot/initrd-$kv.img /boot/initrd-$kv.img.good
   mkinitrd /boot/initrd-$kv.img $kv
3) make sure you're getting a fb device at boot
   a) add "vga=0x317" (or similar) to the kernel commandline, or
   b) boot from EFI, or
   c) boot on a ppc (with some hardware)
4) reboot!
<snip> -w

Tried the above and voila! Interesting and kinda nice. I have an encrypted file system that needs a password and "plymouth" goes away to ask for the password and doesn't come back. Is that expected? It was that way with the old RHGB.