Re: latest update breaks a MadWifi snapshot

Scott Robbins wrote:
On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:42:34AM -0400, Jim wrote:

Steven I Usdansky wrote:
--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Scott Robbins <scottro@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: latest update breaks a MadWifi snapshot

if this would merit a RedHat report, MadWifi report or
perhaps an email
to Mr. Leffler as these later kernels in Ubuntu's alpha
and Fedora's

What's the error? Perhaps related to http://madwifi.org/ticket/2022 ?

If you updated your kernel, and rebooted to a new kernel then your going to have to recompile madwifi.
I get all my hardware running then I don't update my kernel anymore.

Thanks Jim, but in this case, it's a different sort of problem.  I am
aware that it has to be recompiled with each kernel update, which I do.

However, this last particular rawhide update didn't allow me to compile
it--instead it errored out. I'm going to try the patch supplied earlier
though, and see if it fixes the issue.
My rawhide install is more for fun and testing--for work, I use my F9
install and am careful what I update.

I don't how your box is set up, But I have a eeePC 7200 that has that same ar5007 chipset and the driver that was supplied by FC9 wouldn't work so I had to download the madwifi-nr-r3366+ar5007.tar.gz and compile.
What setup did you use ?